Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
2. What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- company name;
- ABN or ACN;
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone details;
- age or date of birth;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- send us information through our website or social media platforms; or
- provide information in person or by email or telephone.
4. Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to communicate with you regarding your enquiry;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to analyse the data for research purposes and to incorporate it into our databases for general research and analysis purposes;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to consider your employment application; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the services that you receive.
5. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services. Our communications will be in accordance with the Spam Act and in a way that is consistent with the Principles set out in the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg. an unsubscribe link).
6. To whom might we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers;
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, or partners;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We may de-identify your personal information and provide the de-identified information to other third parties for research purposes.
7. Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party suppliers and cloud providers located outside Australia.
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
8. Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
11. Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information or in the way you request. Where this is the case, we will give you written notice of the reasons why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. We may charge you a fee to cover our costs in providing you access to the information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
12. Making a complaint
Any concerns about the way we have handled personal information should be directed in writing to us. We consider all complaints and respond by taking any reasonable steps we consider necessary. We will notify you of our response. If you are unsatisfied with our response, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Mailing address: GPO Box 5288, Sydney NSW 2001
Fax: +61 2 6123 5145
Effective: November 2023